Saturday, June 4, 2011

Control.

Letting God have control means simply letting things in life happen.
Whereas, trying to stay in control ourselves creates problems, and we see our situations in our light and by our standards.

Life is never boring with God. There are lots of surprises, turns and curveballs.

There are a lot of things in life I'm uncertain about, but I know God is sovereign. The biggest struggle is knowing that He is sovereign, and not being anxious. I have to remind myself almost daily that He is in control. His sovereignty should cover up any anxiety.

Today I was reading in Exodus, about all the things the Lord had the people of Israel make as an offering to Him. Although these passages are long and not the most interesting (even to an artist like me), they always remind me how our God is a God of immense detail.

Even in Psalm 37, it says that He delights in every detail of their lives.

Sometimes that's a truth I have to remind myself of, and sometimes it's hard to embrace. It's hard finding someone who actually cares about every single detail in your life.

But that's how our God works. He knows our hearts and works everything out, down to the last detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment