Wednesday, March 31, 2010

John 13:7.

I'm not a fan of crutches.
I actually don't really know if I've heard of anyone actually be a fan of crutches.

But, I'm trying to find joy in all circumstances.
And God uses everything to teach us, so I'm trying to learn.

This has been painful, yes. But, also humbling.

I don't like having to ask my suitemate to fill up my bottle of water. Or to have someone open a door for me. Or... anything. For one thing, I feel like I'm inconveniencing them. And, they're doing this just out of the pure goodness out of their hearts. Just because they love me enough.

Yesterday at my small group meeting, we somehow got on the topic of how we are dirty, sinful people. God loved me enough to send his Son, to die for me.. to save me. He sent His son to die for me, when I'm inherently bad. Not only that, but everything else He has given me - is a blessing.

My pastor did a sermon over how we are bad people who occasionally do good things. Yes, I agreed, and I had never really thought about it. But, it wasn't until yesterday that it really hit me.

He pours out His love on me everyday, regardless of how much I screw up. And as followers, we are called to love others - regardless of who they are or what they've done.

I don't deserve His love, but, oh, how grateful I am for it. I don't deserve the love and help of those around me this week (or anytime for that matter), but I don't know what I would do without it - without either of these.

I am thankful that there are still people - even complete strangers - that pour out His love to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment