Saturday, September 12, 2009

Epiphany.

I went to a prayer retreat tonight. It was my first ever... I didn't even know what to expect. I honestly thought we would all go to our quiet place of the room and pray.

It was so much more.

I had a breakdown tonight, that I needed. And God knew I needed it.


I read 1 Peter 4.... the whole chapter (it's not that long), and it hit so close to home. It made me realize that what I'm going through right now is to be expected... but God will see me through. --even though I already knew God was going to see me through this, because He always does.--

I read Psalm 139:23-24; which really convicted me tonight. But what really broke me, was what I read in my footnotes... "Is it all right to be angry at people who hate God? Yes, but we must remember that it is God who will deal with them, not us." I had a talk with my close friend, Jessey, last night and she had basically already told me that. The same message two days in a row... hello? God is talking to you, LISTEN.

I wish I could type more about tonight, but there are no words. It was so refreshing, and I desperately, desperately needed it. Right now, it is almost 2 in the morning, and I am so tired. But, I will leave you with my new favorite scripture until I can write out in more than a few short paragraphs what I learned tonight.... "So if you are suffering in a manner that pleases God, keep on doing what is right, and trust your lives to the God who created you, for He will never fail you."

No comments:

Post a Comment