Sunday, September 20, 2009

Amazed ... pt. 2 :)

I cannot stop thinking about everything this weekend. It will not leave my mind! Which, isn't bad at all... but means I have to write a second blog. :)

These verses were all related verses that my Bible gave me when I read Psalm 139.

"The Lord knows people's thoughts; He knows they are worthless!" (Psalm 94:11) --- How true! (Obviously.. since all scripture is true..) But, people who call themselves Christians but aren't fully living it out... do they think that if they can fool man, they can fool God? He knows our thoughts - even before we think them.

"For the angel of the Lord is a guard; He surrounds and defends all who fear Him." (Psalm 34:7) --- I love this. It's like the formal way of saying, "If you stand up for God, He's got your back." It also made me think of that song, "And if my God is with me, whom then shall I fear?" Nothing can defeat God, or the Word of God.

"For everything comes from Him and exists by His power and is intended for His glory. All glory to Him forever!" (Romans 11:36) and "You made me; you created me. Now give me the sense to follow your commands." (Psalm 119:73) --- These are probably my new favorite verses, at least related to living out our faith and living for God. HE created everything, and it's for His glory that we need to live. We're alive because of Him, so what better way to thank Him?

"This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in Him at all." (1 John 1:5) --- I thought this was the most encouraging scripture we read. Not only because it just shows how much security there is in Him, but because if we are made in His image, and there is no darkness in Him.... that would mean there is no darkness in us - meaning we are perfect the way we are. I know the Bible already states that, but it never hurts to hear it again :)

"Lead me in the right path, O Lord, or my enemies will conquer me. Make your way plain for me to follow. | You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever. | Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing." (Psalm 5:8, 16:11, 143:10) --- When I read these verses, I just thought, WOW.. like how reassuring, to follow Him. Following Him grants you joy, a firm footing while you follow His path, and then live with Him forever.


So often, our mind is just consumed with negative thoughts and what's going wrong in our lives at that moment. But, you have to push out the lies of the devil and believe what God says.

He knows me better than I even know myself, and what I'm going to become. He's there thru the ups and downs - and still loves me more than I can comprehend. There is nothing better than His love and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment