Tuesday, February 7, 2012

One of Those Days.

Today was a good day. A day that I have needed for awhile.

Even though, I don't have class or work on Tuesday/Thursday's (awesome, right?) I still am busy going here, doing that, etc. They are my check-off-my-list days.

Want to know what I checked off my list today? Nothing. Okay, sure, I applied for a few jobs, wrote a few bad sentences on some homework, tried studying for a quiz tomorrow. Nothing productive.

But, like I said, I needed today. It was a day full of rest, ending with some kickboxing and a Skype date. There were some other things that made it a good day.

I am trying to get my foot in the door in Atlanta more and more. Not just jobs, but people, places, things. I want to know a few things when I get there. I didn't know anything about Texas when I came, and it was very obvious!

Long story short, because of a harmless click of a "follow" on Twitter, I now have a new friend, who feels like a sister. Don't you love technology? Not only technology, but I love how God doesn't care about geography or any of that business - He brings people together, even if it's only electronically.

I don't know who is reading this, but if you have not experienced a big transition yet - don't be alarmed at what I'm about to write. But, it is frustrating, overwhelming at times, lonely (especially when your boyfriend lives 1200 miles away), and is one of those things that when you try to vent to people, they just nod their head because they have no idea what to say.

I believe that today, the Lord answered two prayers. I believe this is another start to something good. I know it is, because I would not both cry and have so much joy over a few emails - that is one of those things that could only be of God.


It gets better - that wasn't even the first good thing of the day. I set up a job interview for next week, in Atlanta. I'm not as excited about this one as I was the last two. Partially because of the let down, and partially because I've learned I really shouldn't get my hopes up about every interview. And, if we're being honest, a smidgen of me thinks this isn't the place for me. Why go to the interview? Practice. And, maybe it is where I'm supposed to be... maybe I'm really trying to not get my hopes up. We'll see.

I also got an email about setting up a phone interview with another place in Georgia, it's an internship. I don't know if it's paid though. Phone interviews are weird to me, because I don't feel like I convey myself very well via phone. And, I get distracted easy.. I start walking around, looking at things, etc.

This start of transitioning is scary. I'm afraid I will move, and be jobless, which will lead to being homeless, and alone. I know, it sounds ridiculous - I laugh a little inside whenever I write or say that. I don't like failing - I've never totally failed before though, so it's hard to say. But, I like a plan. That's the hardest part of it all. Not having a plan kills me.

Earlier, I said I felt like God answered two prayers today - but it was actually three. I've needed some encouragement. And because of a few emails, and a few phone calls... that's what happened. I feel like every small "yes" that comes from Georgia is affirmation and pulling me closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment