Saturday, May 22, 2010

To Live Not for Myself.

God has just been weighing something heavy on my heart this past couple of weeks. Probably, because I've struggled with it my whole life.

I don't need the approval of people.
I shouldn't seek the approval or attention of guys.
The only approval needed, or person I need to please is Him.


The High Point Staff is doing a Bible study called "Exchange"... talking about how we don't live our Christian lives by ourselves, but through Him.

I love a line in this first lesson that says, "I think a lack of identity is related to alienation from God."

I was reading Ephesians 3 this morning, and verse 17 says, "Then Christ will make His HOME in your hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grown down into God's love and keep you strong." and 2 Corinthians 4 says, "Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day."

My identity is in Christ, He lives in me.... my life is His.

"If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ's servant." - Galatians 1:10.

No comments:

Post a Comment