Thursday, October 14, 2010

Mighty to Save.

Everyone needs compassion,
a love that's never failing.
Let mercy fall on me.

Everyone needs forgiveness,
the kindness of a Savior,
the hope of nations.

He can move the mountains,
My God is mighty to save,
He is mighty to save.


You know when you hear a verse, or a song for the millionth time, but it seems to ring differently? I've sung and heard this song too many times to remember, but as it came on my Pandora station... it just hit me.

Everyone needs love... it makes the world go round. We are called to love each other, no matter the circumstances. But, I'm flawed. I'm human. I don't love as often as I should, I don't love people that need it the most. I need love - a love that loves me when I screw up, that loves me when I'm unlovable. That's why I seek Christ - unconditional, unending love... when people fail, God prevails.

I hold grudges with the best of them. I've been capable of not speaking to people for months. Forgiveness is a hard concept for me, even when I am forgiven over and over and over. There's usually a lot of stubbornness, holding back, arguing with God, until I let it go and give it to Him. And, I'm to forgive people JUST like He forgives me. No but's. No grudges. But, the kindness of a Savior.

I am weak, and little. A mere human. Who can compare to God? That's what I've been reading over and over again in Isaiah. He is incomparable. But, God... He formed the oceans, He gives everything life, He moves mountains. MOVES them. He can move the huge mountains in my life, even when I think it's impossible. He saves me. Rescues me, each and every time.

"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you." - Isaiah 43:2

No comments:

Post a Comment