Monday, October 26, 2009

Just a Thought.

"Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!" Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?""


I was reading Matthew 14, which the last part talks about when Jesus walked on water. The verses above are when Peter decided to walk across water (obviously...) but began to sink when he starting losing faith.

It got me thinking about how often we, or... I, sometimes doubt what God is doing. Sometimes I get caught up in everything, and catch myself asking God why? or why not? I have to remind myself, literally, almost daily that it's all in His timing. He has a reason. I just wanted to post those verses as a little reminder :)

This passage also goes well with something I was told yesterday:

"God has a plan for you, and though right now you're thinking, "What are you doing, God?!" He knows what He's doing. He wants you to accomplish things and be the person you can be. There's always a reason, though sucky, crazy, and at times psycho, God doesn't want you to miss out on anything. He wants things to work out exactly as He planned."

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment