Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy Room.

I'm a librarian's daughter. So, as expected, I love reading. Right now I'm in one of my always-want-to-read phases. I'm finding that some of the books I want to read though, are not in the Canyon Public Library... and I don't want to go buy them. This could be problematic.

Anyways.
So I just finished "The Happy Room" by Catherine Palmer.
Basically, it's a story of this family where the kids grew up with parents as missionaries and each child kind of has a messed-up or unhappy life in some way. The back of the book said, ".. and they discover the God who never left them." Sounded kind of cliche to me, but I tend to judge a book by it's cover (especially being an artiste)... and this was a pretty book.

Wasn't the best book I've ever read, nor was it the worst.

One "theme" of the book talked about how there's always going to be some form of suffering when you're following God's will.

But my favorite part, was this quote: "God is not rosy. He's real. And you can be honest about the pain you've gone through without having to stay angry at God and everyone else who had a part in it. You'll get to where you can admit the pain, and love God too."

For the longest time I was mad at God for my diabetes, and many other things over the years.... but I realized it's never going to get easier.

2 comments:

  1. Just go to the Amarillo Library! There are 4 branches, I'm sure you'll be able to find the books you want!

    And it sounds like I'll have to get that book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ehhh.. but then I have to get another card, and make trips over. Hmmm... we'll see.

    ReplyDelete