Sunday, August 23, 2009

College: Round Two.

I start my second year of college tomorrow. I have so many emotions running through me right now, I think I'm about to lose my mind.

I'm kind of nervous/excited for my classes. I'm nervous about my two gen-ed. classes, because one is literature... and I love reading/writing, but it's been over a year since I've done it. Which is not that long, but then I remembered how long it takes to write things out, and I know I'm busy as it is. Then, I'm taking a political science class - which I will probably end up hating. BUT, I am beyond excited about my art classes. I can't wait to start doing art on the computer, I've been wanting to start on that since I graduated. Haha!

I can't put to words how excited I am what God is going to do this year. I am leading a girls Bible study for my dorm, which I'm also kind of nervous about since I haven't led one before. I'm on the Leadership Team at the BSM now too, which I'm glad for also because I will have a bigger Christian support system this year. And, I think I've developed a little "church crew" to go with to Hillside now. I absolutely love this church, I can honestly say it's the one church I've ever been excited about going to... And hopefully, I will have joined the church by the end of the semester :)

I know this is going to be such a fun/amazing semester; football games, BSM stuff, hanging out with friends. When I look back at last year, I know how much fun I had and how many people I met... but I didn't stay strong in my faith, I let it slip. I could've grown so much stronger in my relationship with God, and I didn't. And, I think being more involved in the BSM, church, and having a stronger support system will help strengthen my relationship with God.

I know this year is going to be so different from last year (besides the obvious fact that every year is different) because as I've been preparing for my Bible study, I've read some scripture and I feel like God has really been laying some things on my heart. I read a verse the other night that talked about how spiritual leadership should not be taken lightly. Which spoke volumes to me... people are going to start recognizing me through the BSM and Bible study, and what kind of leader or Christian would I be if I was seen at parties every weekend? I've been kind of stressed lately because even though I'm so excited and ready for school to start, I'm not sure what's in store for me and my friends, or future friends. I don't want to lose friends over the fact of not going out to parties or whatever, but I believe it's important to stand up for what I believe in.

I met so many people this last week, and it was crazy hectic. Which is probably just foreshadowing for this semester :) But, it's okay... God has a plan in store for me, my friends and all of WT.

P.S. - Can I just say how much of a nerd I am, and I really want to go to class tomorrow?!

"But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment