Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day Twenty-two.

What made you smile the most today?


Today was a very rough day. I hate when one person can affect your day so much, sometimes it's good... sometimes it's bad. But what I love, is that for every bad egg there are eleven good ones out there. (cliche, I know. don't judge me.)


I had some encouragement from friends and co-workers. I called my daddy to vent. After the mishap happened, it was nothing but encouragement for the rest of the day from everyone I talked to or saw. Even though I loved and needed the words of comfort, what made me smile the most was two very small things. 


Eden and Salem. 


I went through phases; I loved kids for a long time, and then I did not love kids for awhile, and now I'm back to loving kids. They amaze me. The way kids giggle warms my heart, it is truly one of my favorite things in the world. Especially the giggle that happens when you tickle them. 


Tonight, I went over to my church-adoptive parents house for laundry and dinner. Every time I go over to their house, the kids are more and more used to me - and today they ran up to me and gave me huge hugs without mommy even telling them to do so. 


I love that the Creator of the universe cares about the smallest details like bad days and hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica! I'm so happy that you got to do that tonight! And that you got sweet little hugs! They are one of my favorite things about my job! :)

    ReplyDelete