We read Luke 1:26-38.
Which talks about when the Angel came and told Mary that she was going to have a son, and all of her emotions/reactions through that.
We talked about:
- where we think God wants to or might use us
- experiencing God's grace; how it felt and how we responded
- what we are frustrated or confused with
- going from confusion, to questioning, to having faith
and my favorite,
- what does it mean to live by faith in the Word? what does it look like? what step of faith can we take next?
Also look at Isaiah 9:6-7; Jeremiah 23:5; Daniel 2:44; and John 1:34.
God has such big plans for us, that we can't even fathom.... in ways we least expected. And like Mary, we have to be ready and willing to serve.
My favorite part: "For nothing is impossible with God. Mary responded, "I am the Lord's servant. May everything you have said about me come true.""
What strong faith she had... if only all of us had that strong of faith when God wants to use us. :)