Monday, November 2, 2009

Loudly I'll Sing, Loudly I'll Live.

A reoccurring theme I've been hearing about lately seems to be how we live, or present ourselves... how people perceive us. Or more importantly - the people you surround yourself with.

What and who you surround yourself with, reflects in your actions. It reflects the way you talk and think; your outlook on life.

I found it ironic at the time (high school graduation), and find it ironic now... that my mom chose this quote to play in my segment of the senior slideshow: "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Emerson

The sermon in church yesterday (Click here) talked about discerning God's will for our life. And, about how there are some "ill-intentioned" people in your life who try to drag you away from that, that can be friends or people who aren't really your friends.

Some friends really are only for a season; God brought them into your life for a reason, and they aren't in your life anymore for another reason. But, you have to look back and realize why and see how much things have changed - for the better.

Surround yourself with people that won't drag you down, that won't cause you to stumble. And do the same to someone else.

"Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall."
- Romans 14:13

2 comments:

  1. I definitely needed to hear every bit of that. Even the sermon.

    Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shared this with the youth group last night. I hope you don't mind. I asked Kaley to read it aloud. I think it really helped them understand "letting go" of those friends who don't challenge them in their walk with our Lord. :)

    ReplyDelete