Sunday, April 25, 2010

All Other Ground is Sinking Sand.

You can change your looks, your friends, your environment... but change is greatest when it results in greater joy and peace.

Our message today in church was over Luke 17:11-19. The main verse being 19... "And Jesus said to the man, "Stand up and go. Your FAITH has healed you."

I'm not sure I believe God will cure my diabetes. I believe He will help me through dealing with it, and maybe help scientists and engineers make advancements (which, could eventually lead to a cure). But, I'm not sure I entirely want Him to do so. There are parts of me that want a cure, and parts that don't. And I wasn't entirely sure why that was, until today.


Our greatest joy and peace come from above - it is nothing and no one else on Earth that can provide these things.

One of my greatest struggles is letting problems get to me, affect every part of me. If it's one or two small things, it's not that bad... but I'll be the first to admit when I'm overwhelmed (stress, emotions, etc) I clam up and my spirit is crushed.

But it shouldn't be that way.
Circumstances should not affect my spirit.
It doesn't matter what happens, I have Him.

In 2 Corinthians 3, it talks about continually be changed by Him. Which I pray for so often. I want to be changing, growing, to be more like Him. But sometimes, that means staying or being in hard situations.

Our pastor told us about his wife, who has MS and another disease. Yes, it's painful, and yes, they still pray for healing. But, his wife has said that... it doesn't matter if she's healed or not. People they've met at doctor's offices and whatnot have been saved and given their lives to Christ just because they met her. If these problems bring more glory to God, then why does it matter? It's just a circumstance - one that should not affect our joy in Christ.

I failed for putting some of my hope and security in the things of this world, and not fully in Christ. But there is grace.

"He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken." - Psalm 62:2

No comments:

Post a Comment