Sunday, April 25, 2010

So Long, Insecurity.

PTL for Beth Moore. (and her poofy hair).

She spoke this weekend, and a lot of churches in our area held a simulcast - of course, I went.
She spoke on insecurity, and what it means to be secure in Christ.

One of the first things she said, really stuck out to me: "Insecurity is not a weakness, it's an unbelief in God."

The main passage that she referenced was Ephesians 4:17-24.

A secure woman is:
Saved from herself. - Just like we're saved from the devil, we're saved from our mind and our idolatrous self interest. We just have to remember we're esteemed by God and we won't obsess over our own insecurities.
Entitled to Truth. - The last thing Satan wants is for us to believe Truth. And when we're withdrawn from God, we seek other things/people - but they're never enough and we 'lust' after them more.
Clothed with intention. - Put on your new self according to what God has done in your life. Proverbs 31:25.
Upended by Grace. - Grace takes up space in security. We forgive as much as we THINK we've been forgiven by God... how much more would we forgive if we were more secure? Unforgiveness eats us alive. Grace is the ONLY thing you can give away, and still keep. 2 Corinthians 5:17.
Rebounded by love. - If a heart doesn't heal, it hardens. We need His love to heal our hearts! We don't need people to make us feel worthy, we are dearly loved by God. HE is the only one we can't push away or run off. Ephesians 5:1-2, 1 Corinthians 13:26.
Exceptional in life. - Start each day as your NEW self. Be an exception of the crowd. In the intensity of pain, we forget that He's going to use it.


Live a life worth your calling.
We CAN'T wait to feel secure in Christ until we're "secure."

This talk made me realize I "disbelieve" in God more than I thought - not that I believe IN Him less, I just didn't believe enough of what He can do, of how much He LOVES me.

God is all I need, and He keeps reminding me of that - even though He shouldn't have to.

2 comments:

  1. Very well spoke, Jess. I've struggled with the sin of not trusting God for too long and it really does begin to make you believe the lies Satan would want you to believe. I love reading what God has to say about who we are because he never says we're worthless, but worth something. He never says we are trash, but rather we're precious to him. Ooooh, sends shivers down my spine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at the simulcast in Canyon. After I got home I noticed on Beth's blog that they had posted the commission statement she had us say to our partner. Just thought I'd let you know so you could print it off if you wanted.

    ReplyDelete