Sunday, April 4, 2010

"...ALL to Him I owe."

My heart is so full.

Today, we celebrate Christ's resurrection. What a beautiful, beautiful thing.

As the song says, "Jesus paid it all, ALL to Him I owe."

I was reading some chapters in Deuteronomy earlier, and it just kept saying how He loves us, blesses us, clears a way for us, saves us. When I read verses like that, I am so thankful... 7:6 says, "Of all the people on Earth, the Lord your God has chosen you to be His own special treasure!"

Some people think being a Christian is all these rules of do's and don'ts.
It's so much more, so much...

Today in church, a bunch of people gave their lives to Christ at the end of the service. I always say a prayer when I see people being baptized or surrendering their lives... that they would first of all, not stumble back into their old lives, and that they would have friends and family to turn to for encouragement and support. But, I always pray that they would actively seek a relationship with Him.

People (especially my age) always talk about wanting to find someone, and get married. Not that I know, but I've heard that marriage is hard work. Which I imagine is very, very true. I just don't understand how people will put so much effort and time into their relationship with their significant other... and not also with God.

For example... You've heard or read that God wants all of us. But to put into perspective... do you expect your significant other to just take a week off (or even a day) each year to just "go have fun" or whatever, with other people? No. You expect them to be faithful, and to be there for you at all times. Well, God expects the same thing.

I fall short of this so often. Even with everything I'm a part of (BSM, Bible study, etc.), I know there's so much more than I can do. But even when I fail, God still loves me... unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment