Friday, April 23, 2010

"so refine me Lord through the flames."

These last few weeks have been rough. real rough.

But God is better.
He is stronger.

I read a blog last week about Jude 1:1 "...by God and the Father, who loves you and keeps you safe in the care of Jesus Christ." The blog was a reminder how I am KEPT by Him, through every bad (and good) thing.

God is better, and stronger.

I listened to "Desert Song" by Hillside. One verse stuck out to me: "and this is my prayer in the fire, in weakness or trial or pain... there is a FAITH proved of more worth than gold, so refine me Lord through the flames."

Faith is a beautiful thing. The only person I can have faith in is Him, no one else. Faith is not just what you know, it's what you believe. And I believe my God has so many good things planned for me.

I've read the Scripture about suffering, trials, and discipline. But today, I read a verse in Psalm: "Until the time came to fulfill His word, the Lord tested Joseph's character." (105:19)

I know God is teaching me, He's growing me.
It's tough, and it hurts.

But God is better, He is stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment