Saturday, April 17, 2010

"Letters to God."

I saw Letters to God yesterday. Slightly cheesey, but overall a good movie.

It was one of those movies I felt I related to more than just... watching a movie.
1.) Not that I exactly write letters to God, but I journal everyday.
2.) The kid with cancer talks to his friend's grandpa, who tells the kid that he has been chosen. He is a warrior, hand chosen by God to fight this battle. Not that I have cancer, or that it compares, but my best friend and I talked once about how diabetes is a blessing in disguise. :)

This little kid has cancer. He's dying. And he had (granted, it was a movie...) more spirit than I do on a half-bad day.

"...but the joy of the Lord is our strength!"

God works best in our weakness. He's stronger and greater than any problem.

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed. The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue EACH time." - Psalm 34:18-19

I was reading and praying tonight, and I reminded myself that in the midst of trouble and hurt... God is the only one who can fill that hole. And so often, I try to fill it with temporary things.

He is always faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment