Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day Five.

Write about a period of time in your life where things were not so good.




Well, that was a long time period. 


And, I really believe it was all because God was trying to get my attention. 


Start junior year of high school, end with end of freshman year in college. 
Throw in losing friends, a party spell, some depression, some guys who were jerks, mass confusion. 


See what I mean? The next year wasn't too great either, but it was a lot of God refining me and I managed to make it through because I actually had my relationship with the Lord. 


Now, I don't mean to make it sound like everything will be or is easy and great when you're walking with the Lord. There's sacrifice, conviction, wrestling in prayer... but it's all worth it. The joy and peace that comes with it surpasses everything.


(side note: the painting was done my freshman year, before I took a painting class, and during a very hard time. but it's my favorite, and a lot of people love it as well.)

1 comment:

  1. haha. I was thinking about the comment I was going to leave about your painting before I read your side note. :)

    You are beautiful, Jess. You make beautiful art. You have a beautiful heart. I'm really glad we have the same beautiful Savior. And I just love you. Thanks for being so encouraging :)

    ReplyDelete