Sunday, January 30, 2011

Worth the Read.

I document a lot.
I write, design, draw, paint, take pictures. All of them document something.

Today, in college group, we talked about seeking God's will. I feel like that's been on my mind and in my conversations a lot lately. People graduating, people getting engaged, new jobs, friendships, on and on. And for as much as we talk about it, we only pray about it half the time - I'm included in this.

Twice in one week, Jeremiah 29 has been brought up. Verse 13 says, "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Do we, or do I, know what it means to really search for Him with all that we are? We wonder what we're supposed to do, and go on with our day expecting a flashing sign to appear on the sidewalk - but praying, reading the Word, fasting and seeking counsel are usually not on the radar. That's why it's not finding the time to spend time with God, but convincing ourselves that it is important enough to set aside the time.

Part of asking is a willingness to go. But we can't pray for Him to send us where we want to go, our prayers bend our desires to His will. We can't be like little kids, running around yelling, "mine!" or "I don't wanna!" But how often do we do that? How often do we create ways to change or bend His will?

God has called us to be salt and light, but too often we don't see the glory and satisfaction of doing what God has called us to do. The world wants people of authentic change. Not just the only difference being which building we go to on Sundays.

God is writing each of our stories. Don't take the pen from Him.
But make sure to put words on the page that people would want to read.

No matter what stage we are in in life, there's something we can each do. Doesn't matter if we're just students, or live in a small town, or single. We are called to live a life worthy of our calling.

If your last week was a chapter in a book, would it be worth documenting?

No comments:

Post a Comment