Monday, July 26, 2010

Boundless #13.

I am aware of the various problems happening around our world. I am not fully aware, or know every detail - but I know there are problems. Am I as concerned about them as I should be? Probably not. Do I know as much as I should? No.

But this article points out something that I agree with completely. We have our own problems. There are too many teenagers (or people in general) on drugs, having abortions, getting drunk, etc. We live in a fallen world, a fallen nation.

"The question is not how to keep kids from getting drugs, but why do they want to use them?" The teenagers interviewed said that life was "boring" without them. They wanted adventure. They wanted something worth living for... a significance. I've been there, done that. It fails miserably. "...His cause will satisfy our deepest longings for a life with thrilling significance."

I loved when the article talked about it doesn't matter what 'constellation of goals' we have, if God isn't the pole star. Just like Paul, the source and goal of his cause was God. I read this and wonder if that's true for my life. Because of this in Paul's life, he didn't care about any earthly gain and he had incredible discipline - both things that should be in apparent in my life, and both things that I desire.

My heart breaks for the people who crave these temporary fixes and thrills. They could be "involved with a cause with an eternal significance." A relationship with Christ is an adventure, it is thrilling, and satisfying. "...give your bodies to God because of all He has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice - the kind He will find acceptable. ... let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think." A relationship with Him is completely different than just being "Christian" or "religious"... He changes you and molds you into His image. There is no easy button for living in His light and being transformed.

No comments:

Post a Comment