Thursday, July 15, 2010

Boundless #6.

Today's reading was over "settling"... We were to read this article, and write down the qualities our spouse should have. I know that my husband will not be 100% complete and perfected in these qualities, as no one can be perfect.

My favorite part of the article was when she said, "Failing to meet our worldly expectations - our romantic shopping list - is no liability if he meets Biblical ones." God's really been showing me this summer how the things of this world, and even people, do not compare to Him. Anything of/from Him is far better. And though this is not the first time I've talked about Godly qualities in a guy, it didn't sink in until just now that the Godly qualities outweigh any worldly expectations we may have.

I want a man of God. Which, according to God's Word, means he would be "full of spirit and wisdom, faithful, be full of self-control, reputable, gentle, blameless, hospitable, holy and disciplined."

No comments:

Post a Comment