Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Boundless #9.

This was quite possibly the easiest challenge yet. A friend of mine and I were talking about today's challenge and what we were thinking about doing.

A random act of kindness. Rather easy, right? But, we don't have a lawn to mow. We discussed the idea of buying someone's food in line behind us (which I've wanted to do for quite some time now), but then thought about the fact that they could've possibly just spent $40 buying food and drinks for the kids playing little league down the road. Baking something isn't a good option when kitchen access is limited, and I'm a horrible cook anyways.

So, we go to my car to start a photo adventure. And before I even open my door all the way, I hear a little voice (literally), say, "Is that your car?" About six thoughts went through my head instantly: is she talking to me? did I go the wrong car? why is she talking to me? is she just going to say she has the same one? did someone rear end me? what is she going to say next? I replied, "...yes." And then the next question,

"Could you possibly give me a ride to Chaparral?"

I froze. I don't know why, I mean, it was a little old lady. Not some sketchy man. More thoughts went through my head: I'm about to go take pictures! Why doesn't she just walk there? This is going to be awkward. Do I have to?

It was then that I realized how selfish all of those thoughts were, and I felt like God kind of slapped me and said, "Are you really going to not give this lady a ride 300 feet? Is it really that big of a deal?" Which then caused the words, "oh yeah, no problem!" to come out of my mouth.

She asked if we worked here, where we worked, where we were from, and thanked us multiple times for the ride. It really only did take all of two minutes. It was so sweet though, when she asked my name and then said, "well Jessica, I pray the Lord blesses you for being a blessing in my life today."

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment