Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Boundless #14.

Psalm 139:13-16 -- "For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be."

Abortion is not a topic that I know a lot about, or even think about that much. Our challenge today was to read around this site, and give six reasons why we should be concerned about preserving life. I read one of the posts someone put, and liked her answers:

1) Unborn babies are smaller than us, but so are 4-year olds...

2) Unborn babies need time to develop, but does that make them less human?

3) Where does we are located make us less worthy of life?

4) Unborn babies and recently born babies are dependent on people and things, but so are people in hospitals, people on pacemakers, etc.

5) An embryo contains all the genetic information for the unborn child, thus proving life begins at conception.

6) Life needs to be valued for it's own sake and not convenience sake.

I can't imagine the stress of an unexpected pregnancy, but I think... if you do the crime you pay the time. There's always adoption. I'm not going to exile someone if they make the choice of abortion, but I will in no way condone it.

No comments:

Post a Comment