Monday, July 19, 2010

Boundless #8.

Today, we were to meditate on Romans and think about how this shaped our view of community.

The first verse that says, "Don't think you are better than you really are," made me really think. If anything, I think of myself less than I probably should. I mean, most girls do? The verse that got me was when it talked about being honest in our evaluations, and measuring by God and not to other people.

Guilty. I compare myself, in a positive and negative way. Spiritually, and in other ways. It's something I've struggled with for a really long time. But this passage reminded me how God has chosen us each for something, set us apart. We each have a gift, a reason, a way God is using us.

This passage just opened my eyes to see how community should work together more. We each have something, some way to help each other, build each other up, to grow as a community.

No comments:

Post a Comment