Sunday, June 28, 2009

Go, go, go.

I am so out of it. 

Being gone for a week for camp completely threw me off schedule. I can barely sleep, but I'm so BEYOND tired. I took NyQuil and I couldn't even sleep in with that help! Camp has never done this before! And I'm also becoming sick. Awesome. 

I half-way slept in yesterday (halfway because I didn't get out of bed until 10:30, but I was waking up every half hour after 7:30), and somehow managed to sleep an hour in the afternoon. Then, Taylor, Amanda, and I made "breakfast for supper" for the 'boys' (Shay, Travis, and Mike). Which turned out to be quite the adventure. I hadn't seen Shay since the second week of May, so it was good to hang out again. I have a feeling since his guy friends are going to be up here next year, I'm going to have to find a new work-out buddy :/



The guys left, and us girls went to Hastings to steal some Wi-Fi and chill. On our way back it started pouring :) Rain is one of my favorite thing, especially if it's a big storm. Which it wasn't... but it provided some entertainment later on. (Sorry, the picture is blurry!) 



Somehow we ended up laying in the middle of a sidewalk on campus, just talking about life. It was nice, just to sit and talk... no cell phones, no TV, no music. 

Today, I was asked what I thought of my first year of college. Well, of course I said I loved it. When asked why, I said I'd made some amazing friends. My best friends and I can just read each other. We know when the other one is upset just by the way they text. We don't get to hang out every day because of class and work, but we still talk ALL day. I've hardly seen Casey and Shay but we talk enough that our friendship hasn't changed. And you know you have a strong bond with someone when you don't see them for almost two years but you know everything that's going on in their life. 

But, I've realized not all friendships/relationships can work this way. Not all are as easy, which frustrates me. There's people I wish I was closer to, but friendships are a two-way street, and I'm tired of feeling like I have to do all the work.


My roommate and I talked a little today. Which was the first time in.... two weeks? If you don't know the full story - no, we're not fighting, we just don't talk. at all. ever. But, she (finally) cleared a shelf for me in the kitchen - under the sink, yuck - but she didn't clean it. So, I asked her to clean it, and I think she was hoping to get out of it by saying she didn't have anything to clean it with. Too bad I'm Miss Overprepared and had paper towels and 409 under my sink. 

Put down some contact paper after she cleaned it, moved some food and now I have more space :)
Cleaned the toilet; next is the shower, and cleaning and mopping.

Then I'm going for a run. 
No wonder I'm tired. :)

P.S. -- Thanks to Karen, I'm working on my "101 in 1001" list - and it's a lot harder than I thought. Click here to see what I'm talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment