Thursday, July 2, 2009

#81 and #95. BAM!

Meet Becky. 


When I moved after preschool, this girl became my best friend. Her dad was my pastor, and her mom baby-sat me everyday. We had crazy fun, and then some interesting time-outs. :) In psychology my senior year (I think it was in psychology), I learned that who you are around in your younger years helps form your personality - this chick is that person. She is the one who made me wacky, and I love her :) Too bad we go to college about 10 hours apart :( 

So, we decided to meet up today (she's living in Pampa, TX for the summer) to go out for lunch and shop. Trying to find a place to eat, she suggested Fazoli's because it was her favorite restaurant. Well, I've always wanted to try that place AND it meant I could check something off my list [and not get too far off my healthy eating]! Bam! Check it:



So, we spent the afternoon shopping and I managed to find a second summer dress - for $7. Impressive, I know. Vanity sales! It's purple, and came with this scarf.... that I will not be wearing. Haha. 


On the way home, I heard that Nickelback song, "If Today Was Your Last Day" and fell in love with these two verses:

Against the grain should be a way of life
What's worth the price is always worth the fight
Every second counts 'cause there's no second try
So live like you're never living twice
Don't take the free ride in your own life


and

And would you call those friends you never see?
Reminisce old memories?
Would you forgive your enemies?
And would you find that one you're dreaming of?
Swear up and down to God above
That you'd finally fall in love if today was your last day?



Which I found oddly appropriate. 
- Why do so many people just follow suit of everyone else? Why are so many people to be different? I must admit, I used to be guilty of this - just following the crowd, and yes... I'm guilty of it sometimes. But, I'd have to say in the last year I have become more independent. Just because no one wanted to go work-out, I didn't sit in my room. If I wasn't comfortable in a situation, I made it clear. I didn't let people push me around and make me do whatever they wanted.
- Today, in so many shops, I would pick something up and say, "OH! This is cuuuute." And five minutes later, I would have sat it down and walked away. Which is good for my wallet, but Becky kept saying, "Then WHY don't you get it?!" I'm the opposite of a compulsive buyer - I pick something up, walk around with it for five minutes and set it down. I do it in Wal-Mart with food (three weeks ago I did that with a box of graham crackers). 
- Well, I met with an old friend ... so that's self-explanatory. :)
- Maybe that means I'll find a guy today? Maybe one that wears a knee brace? Hahahahahaha. We'll see. 


OH! And, Taylor made a 101 list, thanks to my advice. Allowing me to check #95 off my list :)


1 comment:

  1. You can check off your list x 2 :)
    BAM! AGAIN!
    I need to work on some of mine...I'm way behind you! haha.

    P.S. I like those two set of lyrics.

    ReplyDelete