Monday, July 27, 2009

Solid Ground.

I wrote a devotional for the BSM... so I thought I'd share it, along with my daily photo :)

How many times have we heard, “Everything is part of God’s plan”? But, for as many times as we’ve heard it, how many of those times do we let go, and trust God, knowing that He’s in charge? I've learned to control the perfectionist in me and let God lead me where I need to go and what I need to do. Everyone hits a rough patch sometimes, when we’re filled with uncertainty. I read this verse during Bible study last year, at a very appropriate time in my life. I was struggling with problems in all aspects of my life, and feeling very apprehensive. "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." - Hebrews 11:1. This verse reminds me daily that God gives us what we need, when we need it – not always when we want it. He never gives us more than we can handle. He has a plan for us; what he wants us to do - this month, this year, and eternity. Remember - it’s God’s timing, not our own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment