Sunday, July 5, 2009

Territorial.

I realized today, that I have a territorial problem. 

It is slightly pathetic that I moved the kitchen trash can just inside my hallway, and then put my dish soap and sponge in one of my cupboards. I'm not sure if my suitemate has been using my soap/sponge, but I have a hunch she has a few times, and that grosses me out. She also refuses to split the cost and/or share trash bags. So, she puts all her trash in the trash can, but won't put a new bag in when it needs it. 

Whatever. 

Today, I cleaned my room/suite and tried to de-clutter my closet of some clothes... I think I took out five shirts? I'm such a bad "what if..." person. I might need that t-shirt at the bottom of the stack to wear for some odd reason, even though I have YET to wear it this year. 

I decided that I didn't feel like going to the gym just to ride the bike for 30 minutes and walk out. (That was today's "plan.") So, I decided to get some fresh air and sun and go for a bike ride. Well, north of campus is a little back road that the President of WT lives on (it's also the road many people take to get to Wal-Mart from campus). I thought, "Well, I've always wanted to ride my bike or run down that road, might as well..." 

ohmygosh. It was good on the way going, but coming back.... there's a hill that is a LOT bigger when you're on your bike and not in the car. Needless to say, I got a really good work-out today. I was as sweaty and exhausted after that little bike ride (30 minutes, but I went around campus too) as I am when I'm on the treadmill for an hour. 

I almost took my camera just in case, but then decided I didn't want to deal with it. Luckily, I did have my phone which takes decent pictures sometimes. So, you get two photos of the day today: 



And coming back up the hill... 




Also:
I am keeping up with my sit-ups, my 3 bottles of water a day, my month without pop and hamburger, and a daily photo. BAM! :)

1 comment:

  1. hills on bikes SUUUUUCK. good thing you don't live in Lawrence!

    my bike was my main mode of transport in/around campus in college. :)

    ReplyDelete